This site is a government-approved information site for studying in Japan operated by the Japan Student Services Organization in cooperation with the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. and More

Text Size
CONTACT PDF for print
Planning studies in Japan

Choose by style

Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Students

Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships cover the cost of tuition, provide a monthly stipend to put toward living expenses, and provide round trip airfare, and international students who receive the scholarships are called 'MEXT Scholarship Students'.

Privately-Financed International Students

International Students other than 'MEXT Scholarships Students' called 'Privately-Financed International Students', and will have opportunities to apply for other scholarships.

Degree Programs in English

As Japanese universities become more globalized, there have emerged programs at universities and graduate schools in which students can obtain a degree by taking classes only in English.

Short-term study programs

'Short-term study program' refers to a program of any period from a few weeks to a full school year for the purpose of learning cross-cultural experiences, Japanese language, etc. at different universities, but which does not lead to a degree.

University transfer programs

Many universities offer university transfer/inter-university transfer programs in different formats and requirements.